Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Best TV Sitcom Theme Songs of the 80s


No matter what you got, not a lot...so what?
What ever happened to good television show theme songs? These days it's all unoriginal reused pop songs or just some instrumental filler music over credits. Some huge hit shows don't have any intro music at all like Heroes or just an echoing drum beat like Lost. Gone are the days of classic TV show theme songs that you'd sing along to because you knew every single word. I can still rap along with the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Most of my favorite theme songs were from sitcoms. In a moment of nostalgia, I thought I'd throw together a list of some of my favorite 80s sitcom theme songs in no particular order because I just happen to love them all (click on the name for the video):



1. Facts of Life
"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life!"

2. Diff'rent Strokes
"No matter what you got, not a lot...so what?!"



3. Family Ties
"What would we do baby...without us?"

4. Cheers
"Sometimes you wanna go...where everybody knows your name!"

5.Gimme a Break
"Gimme a break I sure deserve it. It's time I made it to the top.




6. Perfect Strangers
"Standing tall...on the wings of my dreams..."

7. Silver Spoons
"You and I together, we're gonna find our way."



8. Growing Pains
"Show me that smile again, don't waste another minute on your cryin'."

9. Full House
"Everywhere you look, there's a heart, a hand to hold on to!"

10. Who's the Boss
"There's more to live than what you're living, so take a chance and face the wind."